We have seen comings and goings over the last few weeks at Sacramento Dharma Center, evidence of both impermanence and progress. The issuance of the City Building Permit on August 10th, the arrival of 80 new chairs, the removal of a large, diseased tree last week, and the beginning of construction this week, are the most recent.
We are because you are! Getting the building and the Dharma Center ready for the Sanghas to move in and start offering sittings, retreats, classes and other programs happens with the help of volunteers, from SDC board members to folks from all three Sustaining Sanghas, and beyond! For instance, board members and volunteers helped to repair the sprinkler system, they are making window coverings, researched and tried out chairs, and they are researching environmentally responsible cleaning supplies.
The Board is developing a “wish list” of items that you will be able to purchase for SDC via our website; items might include everything from a vacuum cleaner to a rake. Look for the “registry” coming soon!
Representatives from each of the Sustaining Sanghas met on August 7th to select offices and to begin the collaborative planning that will result in the shared use of the Center once the Occupancy Permit is in hand.
- Sunday, August 28th, from 8:00- 11:00 a.m.
- Bring your beverage container, and enjoy some refreshments.
- If you like outdoor work, come spread mulch, dig, mow, weed, sweep, clear the fence line, and rake.
- If you prefer indoor work, there’s a variety of helpful tasks awaiting amidst the remodeling.
- Even an hour of your help makes a difference!
- Contact Terry Wenner at email@example.com, or call 916-212-4806 for more information.
July Work Day Volunteers